Bronze products are widely used in modern human life. This material is used in mechanical engineering and engineering, construction and energy. This alloy has good characteristics and is indispensable in many areas. It is also accepted in auto scrap yard toronto.
Bronze is not affected by temperature, the metal is not prone to corrosion and has high springiness.
The bronze alloy is based on different materials, but the main component of the metal is copper. Aluminum, manganese or beryllium can be added to increase its physical and chemical properties.
There are three types of rolled bronze used in modern production:
1. Sections bronze rolling – it includes various blanks in the form of a circle or square and rectangular strips. The production of wire also belongs to this type.
This type includes channels and sections for various uses, which belong to the shaped type of rolled products.
2. Sheet bronze products are the production of sheets, strips and coils. They are distinguished from each other by thickness and metalworking.
3. tubes – this is the manufacture of two types of products – seamless and welded. According to the shape of the cross-section pipes are round and square. They are also distinguished by diameter and thickness.
Types of bronze
Bronze can be tin or tin-free.
Tin bronze is one of the oldest alloys. Thanks to the alloying material – tin – bronze is extremely hard and strong, but it is easy to melt. This kind of bronze cannot be cut or machined with pressure. But in spite of such features, it is the tin bronze that takes the leading place in production. The shrinkage is not higher than 1%.
Tin-free bronze has good mechanical characteristics, it is quite fluid, extremely resistant to corrosion and chemical agents. This kind of alloy can be aluminum, silicon and beryllium.
Bronze is also differentiated by the production technology. Casting and wrought alloys are classified. The foundry one is used for shaped castings, while the wrought one is pressure machined.
There is a specific marking system for bronze alloys. First the name of the bronze alloy is indicated, consisting of two letters “Br”, and then the elements that make up the composition. They are denoted as follows:
– Tin – “O”;
– aluminum – “A”;
– iron – “G”;
– manganese – “Mz”;
– nickel – “N”;
– lead – “C”; phosphorus – “F”;
– phosphorus – “F”.
The percentage content of the components is indicated by the following numbers. For example, “BrAZHN 10-4-4” indicates that the alloy contains 10% aluminium, 4% iron and 4% nickel.
The use of bronze alloys
1. Plugs and liners – have sufficient ductility, but not durable in use. Indispensable in the operation of different types of machinery. The following alloys are used for manufacturing: BrAzh, BrOCS 5-5-5, BrO5Ts5C5 and others.
2) Sheets are quite firm and hard. They behave very well in operation, they are not affected by moisture and chemicals. Marked by high electrical conductivity. Alloys are used: BrX1, MN2 and others.
3. Bar. Alloys are used for manufacturing: BrKMts3-1A, BrB2, etc.
4. Bronze wire. Produced from alloys: BrB2.5, BrAJHNMc8.5-4-5-1.5 and others;
5. Bronze cup. BrAJ9-4l, BrOCS5-6-5 and other alloys are used;
6. Bronze band. It is produced from BrKMCz, BrA7, BrOF, etc.
Bronze is used for different purposes. It is used for making nuts, bearings, bushings, gears, which are used in different spheres. When machining the bronze alloy is used to make parts that are used in automotive and aerospace industries.
Bronze items are also used in everyday life. Statuettes, jewelry and decorative elements made of this alloy are in great demand.